Barcelona is the second largest city in Spain and the capital of Catalonia with more than 5.000.000 population. The city is located at 160 km distance from the border with France. Barcelona's expansion started at the beginning of 20th century becoming a cultural and political centre.
The expansion of Barcelona that can be seen today become after 1970. Now, Barcelona is one of the most visited city in Europe thanks to his important objectives: museums, sports objectives or churches
– La Rambla: is located in the central Barcelona fully crowded with tourists. La Rambla is a street that connects Plaa Catalunya to Christopher Columbus monument.
– La Sagrada Familia( Church of the Holy Family): is a masterpiece Roman – Catholic church designed by Antoni Gaudi being the most visited objective in Barcelona
– Camp Nou( New Field) is the home of FC Barcelona football team with a capacity of 99.350 seats. Is the 14th largest stadium in the world, but first in Europe. It is located in the west of the city and during the time the stadium hosted Uefa Champions League finals or major concerts like: Julio Iglesias, U2 or Michael Jackson
– The Magic Fountain of Montjuic: is an enlightened fountain with different colors and a mix between fountains, cascades and jets.
– Barcelona Zoo: is a large area well kept with a lot of animals.
– Triumphal Arch: it is smaller than the triumphal arch from Paris but this one combine successfully the reddish brickwork with the stone sculpture.
The climate in Barcelona is friendly thinking at the winter temperatures, about 13-14 degrees, and the summer temperatures about 28-30 degrees. Barcelona is twinned with many cities in the world as Sao Paulo, Cologne, Istanbul, Rio de Janiero or Boston.